The master's degree program in nursing at California State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB) is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
The CSUSB Master of Science in Nursing Program: Meeting the Needs of the Community
The Department of Nursing offers hybrid online graduate programs leading to a Master of Science in Nursing. Students may choose to complete one of three tracks, all with a clinical focus in population-based nursing. Every student takes a series of core courses (51 units). Additional courses are required for each track: 1) Population-Based Master of Science in Nursing (57 units); 2) Nurse Educator (65 units); 3) Advanced Community/Public Health Nursing (71 units).
- The Population-Based Master of Science in Nursing Track has a clinical focus in population health. Students select a population of focus and are prepared to assume leadership roles in the creation of health care systems which will provide equality of access, high standards of care and caring, and the cost-effective use of resources.
- The Nurse Educator Track includes three educator courses in addition to the population-based courses. The curriculum is designed to prepare individuals for the nurse educator role in academic or staff development settings. The nursing education major prepares nursing faculty to teach in norsing programs at both community college and four-year universities. This program is also appropriate for advanced practice nurses interested in population health education and health education programming.
- The Advanced Community/Public Health Nursing Track includes the population-based courses, the nurse educator courses, as well as clinical courses to implement interventions related to their target population.
Core Courses For all Tracks (51 Units)
* indicates a clinical component
- NURS 541 Advanced Health Assessment (4u)
- NURS 542 Advanced Pathophysiology (4u)
- NURS 543 Advanced Pharmacology & Toxicology (4u)
- NURS 600 Population Health Assessment (6u*)
- NURS 610 Program Planning & Evaluation (6u*)
- NURS 620 Health Policy Leadership (6u*)
- NURS 630 Advanced Nursing Roles (3u)
- NURS 635 Biostatistics (4u)
- NURS 645 Advanced Nursing Reasearch (4u)
- NURS 646 Epidemiology (4u)
- NURS 655 Advanced Nursing Theory (4u)
- NURS 688 Advanced Role Practicum (2u*)
For additional information and Admission into the Master of Science in Nursing Hybrid Online Program and the three Program tracks, see the Master of Science in Nursing Admissions page