The Department of Kinesiology offers a curriculum leading to a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in kinesiology. In addition, a minor in kinesiology, a minor in recreation, an adapted physical education added authorization and a single subject teaching credential are offered. The credentials are offered through the College of Education.
The major in kinesiology is designed for the student preparing to:
- Become a physical education teacher;
- Select a career in nonteaching fields related to physical activity, such as
- commercial physical fitness, sport business, research
- development, or commercial leisure services;
- Pursue graduate work in kinesiology or related disciplines.
Bachelor of Science, Kinesiology
Teaching Credential Programs
- Single Subject - The Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology is approved as a single subject matter teaching credential program. In addition to the requirements of the major, students must complete certain prerequisites to the teacher education program. For information about the professional education component, admission to the teacher education program or specific requirements for the single subject matter waiver program please contact the CASE Office located in CE-102 at 909-537-7401.