Job Openings

Assistant Professor (Environmental Health Science, EHS)

The Department of Health Science and Human Ecology (HSCI) at California State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB) is one of the nine departments in College of Natural Sciences.  CSUSB is collective bargaining campus represented by California Faclty Association.  We invite applicants for two positions: 

Assistant Professor (tenure-track) in EHS/Occupational Health (OH) to teach graduate and undergraduate courses in EHS, OH, industrial hygiene, and basic public health.  Faculty also advise students and supervise undergraduate/graduate students research projects and thesis.  Expected to demonstrate excellence in teaching, establish research and external funding, and provide service to department, college, and university.  A doctoral degree is required with a major in EHS, OH, or other appropriate field at the time of appointment.  Strong ABD candidates, who will have completed the degree by the time of appointment, may be considered.  We prefer candidate who is or can be qualified to become a Registered Environmental Health Specialist(REHS) and/or Certified Industrial Hygienist.  The applicants should submit a cover letter, a CV, transcripts from undergraduate and graduate studies, statements of research/professional accomplishments and goals, teaching philosophy and strategies, and names and complete contact information of at least three references.  We invite you to apply.

Salary depends on qualification and experience.  The official transcripts will be requires pending an offer.  Review of applications will begin February 1, 2016 and continue until the position is filled.  

Any questions regarding the EHS position, may be addressed to Department Chair, Dr. Claudia Davis at

Part-Time Positions

We are interested in instructors for statistics, health behavior, social determinants of  health, health law and policy, health care finance and management among others.  Undergraduate lower division courses (100 and 200 level) may be taught by people with master's level degrees while doctoral degrees are desired for upper division undergraduate courses (300 and 400 level) and graduate courses.  People working in the field in an area of expertise with a master's degree may also be considered for upper division and graduate courses.

Please send a letter of interest, vita, three letters of reference, transcripts, and student teaching evaluations if available to the department chair: This is an ongoing process.