The CSUSB Noyce Math & Science Teaching Scholarship program provides prospective science and mathematics teachers an enriched teacher preparation experience working directly with exemplary teachers in the San Bernardino City Unified School District while completing a science or mathematics degree and/or earning a teaching credential at CSUSB.
Noyce Teaching Scholars
- Receive up to $10,000 per year ($3,333 per quarter) while earning a science or mathematics degree leading to a single-subject teaching credential.
- Participate in classroom observations and supervised teaching in the San Bernardino City Unified School District while supported by a master K-12 mentor teacher and district staff.
- Participate in monthly seminars with other Scholars and experienced teachers that are aimed at building a professional community of teaching practice.
- Are supported by a team of CSUSB science, mathematics, and education faculty advisors, SBCUSD teachers and district personnel.
- Are eligible for priority registration in order to ensure scheduling conflicts between coursework and classroom observations/supervised teaching is minimized.
- Must work as a teacher in SBCUSD for two years (within eight years of graduating) for each year of funding.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Minimum 3.0 overall GPA and 3.0 GPA in major
- Full time enrollment (12 units) in a program of courses appropriate for the major
- At most 90 units to graduation in one of the following, declared, majors: mathematics, biology, physics, chemistry, or geology
- Interest in teaching as a career
- Potential to do well in a diverse public school setting
- Must be eligible for employment in SBCUSD after graduation
For more information, please contact
|Jeremy Aikin||Dept. of Mathematics||JAikin@csusb.edu||909-537-5375|
|Asst. Director of CEME|
in your major:
|David Polcyn||Dept. of Biology||DPolcyn@csusb.edu||909-537-5313|
|Cory Johnson||Dept. of Mathematicsfirstname.lastname@example.org||909-537-5423|
in your credential:
|Xinying Yin||College of Education||XYin@csusb.edu||909-537-5696|
|Joseph Jesunathadas||College of Educationemail@example.com||909-537-5683|
|Lela Spears-Harper||Program Specialist/BTSAfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kelli Wasserman||Mathematics Education Consultantemail@example.com|